Saturday 15 September 2012

Port Charles & Salem can Rest Easy, I'm Back!



     Wow, THAT was a long hiatus. After a long semester and a death in the family, I was behind on my beloved stories by 2 months! How did I do it? you ask, or maybe not...I read 6 Sookie Stackhouse books in 6 weeks. I don't think I've read that many books in my 28 years on this planet, but it definitely filled my craving for fictional drama, schemes and revenge... the operative word being "fictional", goddess knows I've had my fill of non-fictional. Anywho, here we go!




DOOL: September 10th - 14th

     In an interesting plot twist, Nick Fallon is released from prison, with the help of none other than Melanie's testimony vouching for him. What Melanie didn't know when she made this ridiculous decision was that Nick's release was conditional on him remaining in Salem! (Of course! did you really expect anything else?)
     For those of you too young or too old to remember Nick Fallon, he is in fact a Horton, who did time for the murder of Trent Robbins (Melanie's father), which he later pinned on Melanie after stalking and kidnapping her. Don't get me wrong, the guy deserved to die after the rotten things he did, and considering the habitual blind eye of the Salem PD, the possibility if Nick getting away with this was present especially taking into account his drugs and alcohol dependence, but he didn't, and did what I calculated was 3 real years in the big house.

     Wow! if only real convicts fresh out could integrate as quickly and easily as Nick did! Not only did Saint Maggie (his aunt) agree to take him in, but good ol' Caroline Brady even gave him a job as a dishwasher at the Brady Pub!
*I get that Maggie identifies with virtually every addict and alcoholic Salem has to offer, but did she really think taking Nick in was a good idea?! So, obviously , Melanie (who happens to be Maggie's granddaughter) finds out about these new living arrangements when she rushes over to Maggie's with the not so welcomed news of her and Chad's engagement. She sees him, drops and shatters a glass of water, tells him to get away from her, listens to Maggie's explanation and scurry's off in that cute Melanie nervous rambling way.

     Chad being a Dimera and all, nobody seems very receptive to Melanie's engagement announcement (gee I can't figure out why..), especially not her father, the steamy Dr. Daniel Jonas, who is having his own problems at the moment in the form of an obsessed pregnant Nicole, who asks the good doc to be her baby's godfather (he obviously says yes) and a confused Jennifer, who is working at the hospital again. To make things worse, Melanie asks Gabi, who Chad warned to stay away from Melanie, almost having killed her and all, to be her brides maid and Abigail, who this week has undressed, thrown herself on Cameron and changed her mind 3 times until Cameron finally dumped her and she declared to her mother and the DOOL universe that she is a virgin, to be her maid of honor.
* I get that Abigail is going through a lot right now with the death of her father, Jack Devereaux, but isn't she a bit old for the whole "rebellious hate my mother" phase? Also...Virgin..they're really doing this to her?

Oh dear Sami...STOP KISSING PEOPLE! After a few episodes of hostile, sexually tenuous, back and forth with Rafe, They finally make out at the very moment Sami is getting ready for her date with EJ...yup, you heard right, date with EJ...and SHE asked HIM out! In her defense, he did look exceptionally foxy this week, and acted like a totally different person!...what the hell is he up to!?

     Meanwhile, in the best gay couple plot I've seen since ATWT, Will discovers from Tad (yes the bigot, homophobic closet case), that Sonny has feelings for him. This tidbit put a huge smile on his handsome face as he rushed to confront Sonny about this new information... I smell a groundbreaking gay love scene..oh god that sounded bad, but seriously, hopefully this relationship will be pursued! 

    These are the most important highlights (In my lowly opinion, of course!). I enjoyed watching this weeks episodes which leave us wondering, is Nick Fallon really reformed? I think he will fool everyone for a while until he shows his true colors. But what do I know! maybe he will become Salem's model citizen...but who are we kidding!? this is a Soap after all!

**Tickle of the week**

- Nicole wants to call her baby "Daniel Rafael Hernandez" I found this kinda funny, if that's not a dead giveaway to EJ, I don't know what is! Still, you gotta love Nicole's tenacity 

- DOOL Meme of the week:

 

Coming up, GH September 10th - 14th
                     Rumored spoilers 
 



    

   

No comments:

Post a Comment